My Favorite Pain/Stress Relief Products

Even though I haven't found a cure for my chronic pain disorder, there have been some products that have helped calm me down and relieve my muscle spasms.  I'm allergic to opiates, which is almost in all the pain medications, and just have to find more natural ways to find relief.  I wanted to share some of my top pain and stress relief products and hope it provides some relief in your life.  Take some time for self-care, even if it's just for 5 minutes!  


Foam Roller
  • my favorite pain relief product for muscle spasms
  • they call it the "poor person's massage" cause all you need is this roller and yourself
  • helps relieve the severe muscle spasms in my shoulder blade 
  • here's a link about the benefits of foam rolling: http://breakingmuscle.com/mobility-recovery/what-is-a-foam-roller-how-do-i-use-it-and-why-does-it-hurt
  • this youtube video below of thoraic spine mobilization has helped me a lot, and I do think it can benefit TMJ disorder sufferers who have muscle spasms that extend to the shoulder, neck, and back
  • I use the Giam Foam Roller because the density is perfect for smaller person like me.  You can get it on amazon for around $20 or $30 at Target.  If you like to work out deep knots or you are heavier person, I would recommend the Trigger Point Performance The Grid Revolutionary Foam Roller.  I had to return the latter product because the pressure was too intense. 






Comfort Wrap 
  • relieves muscle tension in the neck and shoulder area
  • microwaveable heat wrap stuffed with rice 
  • only $10 at T.J. Maxx or Bed Bath & Beyond 
  • I prefer the non-scented wraps
  • I can also relax and lay comfortably with it around my neck 
  • gives me this comforting feeling the way drinking warm milk felt like as a kid (do I make sense?)
  • If you want to save money, here's a do it yourself link.  All you need is a long sock and some rice.   http://www.thebudgetdiet.com/diy-aromatherapy-neck-wrap

Herbal Concepts Comfort Neck and Shoulder Wrap


  • scent lasts because it is not all natural 
  • Lavender and vanilla combination is perfect.  I don't like the scent of vanilla in general, but it is very light in this pillow mist.
  • I spray it on my pillow and bed sheets before I sleep
  • $10.00 - download the Shopular app for Bath and Body works coupons.  I got mine for free cause of the app! 

  • stress relief - soothes tension and calm the senses
  • spray it on my pillow before I sleep to relax
  • all natural spray/ no synthetic fragrances 
  • $7.00 at Bed Bath & Beyond and can also be found at natural food stores such as Whole Foods or Sprouts 
  • scent does not last long because it's all natural, but that's ok with me
  • "This muscle pain lotion, 16 fl oz, is infused with a blend of cooling menthol, comforting eucalyptus and moisturizing shea and aloe. Essential oils and extracts of wintergreen and rosemary in the lotion moisturize skin as it relieves your aches and pains. It is also 88 percent naturally derived, making it safe to use for almost anyone. This sore muscle lotion from Village Naturals uses a unique blend of ingredients to gently achieve powerful results."
  • The cooling menthol is the key ingredient that helps relieve sore muscles.  It's like icy hot but has better therapuetic smell to it.  
  • It was only five bucks 6 years ago, but I guess the price went up to $17.00 on Amazon.com. You can also find it at Target.  
  • A bottle lasts for a LONG time.  I had mine for 6 years and still have a half bottle left! 

     I'm so sad they discontinued the Village Naturals Headache Relief lotion.  I would pay so much for another bottle.  The scent combination of peppermint, lavender, and chamomile is amazing!  The scent brings back the nostalgic feelings of love and comfort from my dad attempting to relieve my pain 7 years ago.  I remember him finding me one night in my room crying and trying to study at the same time.  He closed my book and told me to forget about studying or worrying about grades.  He felt bad, so he tried to relieve my pain by buying the Village Naturals Headache Relief lotion from the Wal Mart next to my house, played a CD with the sound of waves crashing, and attempted to do trigger point therapy on my face from what he learned from his book.  The trigger point therapy totally did not work, but I will never forgot the love and effort that was put into it that night.  When he was done, he told me it's my mom's turn next because her arms were aching from putting electronic wires together all day at work.  One day, I hope to write a short story about a pain relief lotion bottle from my dad and the significance it will always hold in my life.  


Grandmother Willow's Gratitude Tree:  April 4, 2014
  • Leon was understanding of me not working today due to pain and sleep medication 
  • Thankful Gary is healthy and alive - his sister passed away yesterday 
  • Great grant writing workshop at Project Motivate & food provided by Julie 
  • Happy to see Project Motivate staff enthusiastic about grant writing 
  • I'm alive, and I am able to complete this blog post even though I was in a lot of pain
  • writing was a reminder of how much my dad cares about me, and how I should make more of an effort to repair our relationship    


 


 

 



Comments

  1. This is nice post which I was awaiting for such an article and I have gained some useful information from this site. Thanks for sharing this information.if you want more information something like visit pain management albuquerque get more details.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Epsom Salt - Reducing Foot & Ankle Pain

TMJ Tiff - My Story

Healing Is Not A Linear Process - 500 Steps Forward, 1,000 Steps Back?